Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bedside Table Makeover

I don't have a picture of this table before it was painted for the first time, but it was a dark wood with a geometric boarder on the top. It was a hand-me-down from my old roommate when I lived on A Street. I was unhappy with my original paint job. From afar it doesn't look so bad.


But when you get up close? UGLY! Mostly because I'd layered primer and multiple coats of paint on it and it STILL had stains from the wood showing through! Here is a close up of the staining that I'm talking about. I've only attempted to paint wood furniture twice and this was once of those attempts. I'm hoping that this revamp will go better than previously.


Like the trooper I am, I sanded it down to prep it for a re-painting. Have I mentioned how much I hate prep work? Here it is sanded down.



Several cans of white spray paint, days, and coats of polyacrylic later, volia! It's going to go in the guest bedroom, you know, when that gets painted (roll laugh track).

No comments:

Post a Comment