Monday, April 11, 2011

The House

This is totally going to be my little (2300 square foot) sanctuary and I can't wait to close on it, move in, and start making it mine. I might even close on it before the end of the month.


Here is a shot from the curb. The roof looks blue, but it's not, it's black and only 1 year old. Honestly, this picture doesn't do it justice at all. When I got the bank's appraisal back and looked at the comps - well, all I have to say is that this house has so much more curb appeal. I can wait to start planting flowers and making it even better.


Here is a shot of the living room and fireplace. If you can believe it, there is a second fireplace right off the dining room and kitchen, but it's not gas. I don't know if it works, but I hope so. I miss the smell of wood burning fireplaces from when I lived in Denver and Boulder.


This is the downstairs bedroom. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it this color or not. It's kind of growing on me though. I've always wanted a Moroccan inspired bedroom, but that kind of theme doesn't fit the personality of this house at all. I've never been a big fan of cottage style, but that's really what this house is.


I think the cottage styling of the house becomes even more apparent when you look at the kitchen. The kitchen and the bathrooms are what need an update more than anything. I think the best part of having 2.5 bathrooms is that I'll be able to tear one apart and redo it and still have another to use in the meantime!

The inspection is tomorrow afternoon and I'll be taking some of my own pictures then, so there will more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment