Thursday, April 14, 2011

Body Rock, Body Rock, Body Rock

Can you tell I'm really into this?

I don't know exactly when my first Body Rock workout was, but I can narrow it down to 5 weeks ago, March 7 - March 11. I used to write my workouts on little scraps of paper and not keep track of anything. Just this month I bought a journal and starting keeping careful track of my progress. I wish I had mapped my progress from that first week, because I know that in 5 short weeks, I've come a long way. I only weigh myself once, maybe twice a week at most. Honestly, my weight hasn't changed much since I started, but I feel better, stronger and leaner already. My clothes are slowly but surely starting to loosen up a bit.

I love that Zuzana says to not go by the scale alone; it doesn't tell the whole story. Go by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and how you look in the mirror, too. However, I think it's easy to lose sight of where you've been and where you're going when the changes are daily and so incremental. So, I've decided to start taking progress pics . I'm still deciding if I'm going to do this weekly, or every two weeks, but I'm going do it. Again, it's one of the changes I'm making to my life when I move into the new house. I'd start taking pictures now, but I want to take them in the same spot with the same lighting each week. As soon as I have 4 pics, I'm going to start posting them here. This way, I'll have my journal to see how much stronger and faster I'm getting, and the pics to see myself lean out over time. No making fun of the pasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment