Tuesday, April 19, 2011

<\begin drama>

As I mentioned in this post, I didn't do my workout over the weekend as planned. I'm chalking it up to one heck of a bad week. A (not so) brief summary of my personal drama.

Monday - Lose my phone.

Tuesday - House inspection is done.

Wednesday - Get into a hair-grabbing, weave-snatching fight with the ex-boyfriend. Not literally, of course, he has no weave...but if he did.

Thursday - Inspection report comes in. There is too much moisture under the house and it looks like the left side piers are sinking. Other than that, pretty minor stuff. It dawns on me that I might be homeless at the end of the month instead of in my new house. =( I also file an insurance claim on the phone. The good news is that they are overnighting it!

Friday - I have a 3pm appointment with the chiropractor - I'm storing ALL of my stress in my upper back and I eat, drink and breathe stress these days. I leave work at 2pm, so that I can swing by home for my new phone. I get home and find that UPS has not left my phone; I must sign for it. I go back to work to call UPS (cause that's the only phone I have) to ask if I can pick it up that evening. NO. The sender didn't make the option available. What? Since when can't you just go pick a package up if you aren't home when it's delievered? Call T-mobile, they say. There's a T-mobile across the street, maybe they can do it faster than I can, automated call centers being what they are. I drive over to T-mobile. Nope, they can't change the delivery options. I must call customer care. It's about 2:30pm by now and the chiropractor's office is a solid 30 minutes away. Total breakdown ensues.

I just remember standing there thinking - I can't go all weekend without a phone! I'd been without a phone all - and a crappy one at that - week and I've had no one to talk to about it! Tears flooded my face. A very kind lady at T-mobile, Donna, bless her heart, called T-mobile for me, then got the insurance company on the line, and stayed on the phone with them to get the pick-up option changed while I left for my 3pm appointment, for which I was 30 minutes late.

I spent the entire drive to my appointment crying. I think, I'm supposed to close on the house by the end of the month and now that's not going to happen. I'm sitting in the car, stuck in traffic, thinking of how sucky my current living situation is. How I can't stay even one day past the end of the month. How I must get out no matter what the cost. How I'm going to be homeless at the end of the month because my perfect little house isn't perfect after all. I think, 'ef it, I'll pack my things in a moving truck and live out of it. I think 'ef it, I'll quit my job, pack my things in a moving truck and leave SC. And I cry and I cry and I cry.

I show up to my appointment red faced, eyes swollen, still crying.

<\end drama>

I realize now that everything is going to be OK, but I did spend the weekend obsessing about it - instead of working out (which would have helped with the stress, I know). I did, thanks to Donna, get to pick up my phone that evening. Even if I can't move into my house at the end of the month, I have a friend with a warehouse who said I could store my things in it until I do close on a house. My current living situation will be rectified by the end of the month. Even if it means I have to go live in a seedy weekly rate motel for a few weeks - at least then I'll get to sleep in a bed every night. The current owners of the house had a contractor out on Monday to look at the problems with the foundation and I should hear back from them by tomorrow. If they really want to sell the house, they are going to have to fix whatever is wrong with it one way or another, so they may just do it now - it just means I might have to wait a little longer to close.

It's times like this that I just need to remind myself that things, as craptastic as they seem now, have, in fact, been worse. I have lived through worse than this and come out stronger and better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment